About The Meeting
This meeting is a peer review of the U.S. Department of Energy’s High Temperature Superconductivity (HTS) Program. The HTS program resides within the Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability. The event is open to the public and will bring together the world’s leaders working on the research and development of high-temperature superconductivity for electric systems.
There have been a number of exciting advancements in the field over the last year, and this forum gives the superconductivity community an opportunity to learn about the latest innovations and integration activities.
Suggested attire is business casual.
About Peer Reviews
A peer review is a documented, critical evaluation performed by technical experts who are independent of the work being reviewed. The peer review process is an important tool for assessing the U.S. Department of Energy’s portfolio of projects by evaluating its goals, objectives, strategy, productivity, and leadership. In addition, it affords an opportunity for industry, national laboratories, and the academic community to network, share best practices, and seek areas of synergy.
The peer review provides program managers with high-quality technical input that can be used to make decisions, set priorities, and allocate resources. It also improves project management and productivity. The peer review process provides:
- The project team with an expert, unbiased assessment of strengths, weaknesses, and specific changes that would improve the project
- Public accountability for use of public funds
- A forum for interested parties to learn about the program’s status and plans
- A forum for program participants to learn aspects of other participants’ work that is not otherwise available
- A basis for identifying the most outstanding projects for potential recognition
- A basis for identifying the weakest projects so they can be improved or ended before the completion of the R&D cycle
Proceedings from previous superconductivity for electric systems peer reviews are available.